samedi 17 novembre 2007

Abid Bahar, Dawson College humanities professor

Bahar was teaching a class in Room 4H.25 when someone came to the door shouting "There are men with guns shooting in the school." Bahar and a student barricaded the door with tables. Students were cowering under desks, some of them crying, some praying. "I thought at that moment, I have to be the leader," Bahar recalled. He told the students they were free to leave if they chose, but that he strongly recommended they stick together. "When the time comes to leave, I will go first. If he shoots, he will shoot me," one student remembers him saying. "If he comes in here, I will take him on. I had military training in India." Bahar, 55, stands 5 foot 2. "I don't think they believed me," he says. "Some of them thought I was trying to tell jokes." At least, a little tension had been broken. "I don't know how I held it together. But I did, with their help.They are to me just like my own children at home," says Bahar, whose sons are 18 and 21.

Extrait d'un article par Susan Semenak apparu dans
The Gazette, vendredi le 15 septembre, 2006

3 commentaires:

incognit-ho a dit...

Je pense et penserai à toi. Que la force et la tranquillité t'accompagnent pour ce grand jour.

15:13 a dit...

Merci. Avec une femme comme toi, un homme peut tout.

incognit-ho a dit...

Si seulement c'était vrai! Nous allons vite le savoir... N'oublie pas, c'est le destin ou la Providence qui a toujours le dernier mot.